Hear from our recent Leadership Development Program hires as they explain why they’ve chosen Reliance.
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration - Wilfrid Laurier University
- Leadership Development Program Incumbent (Operations Project Management Business Analyst Rotation)
Tyler has worked as a Teaching Assistant and enjoyed competing in Business Case Competitions, placing 2nd nationally! In addition to these, he has started his own online DVD business – we thought his entrepreneurial spirit and contagious energy would be a fantastic fit for Reliance Home Comfort.
- Bachelor of Business Administration - University of Toronto
- Leadership Development Program Incumbent (Financial Analyst Budgeting Rotation)
Michelle has worked as a Tutor, Financial Services Representative, did charity fundraising, started her own summer landscaping/floral company and earned a Gold Medal from the Ontario Gymnastics Provincial & National Championships in 2009. Michelle is bubbling with questions, observations and valuable recommendations and we are proud to put them to use at Reliance.
- Honours Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Chemical Engineering - University of Waterloo
- Leadership Development Program Incumbent (Workforce Planning Analyst Rotation)
Sharon studied on exchange for six months in Lyon, France and is currently working towards her Professional Engineering Designation. Sharon has impressive co-op experience ranging from Project Estimator, Carbonization Research Assistant and Process Engineer. Sharon’s sharp mind and extremely engaging spirit are a huge asset to Reliance.
- Bachelor of Commerce - Queen’s University
- Leadership Development Program Incumbent (Customer For Life (CFL) Analyst Rotation)
Brandon has worked as a Business Ethics Teaching Assistant at Queen’s University, volunteered for Ten Thousand Villages and shows his competitive edge when it comes to sports, leading the Queen’s varsity baseball team as their team captain. Brandon’s passion for success, his analytical ability and his great people skills are serving him well in the Customer for Life department and special projects for our customer escalations team.
Your customized learning and development
may also include:
Reliance leadership training
- Getting Things Done
- Building a Successful Business Case
- Communicating With Impact
π Business Acumen
- Optimizing Results Through Others
- Advanced Interviewing Techniques
- Moving From an Operational Manager to a Strategic Thinker
- Change Leadership
- Coaching for High Performance
- Labour Relations and Collective Bargaining
Peer network lunch & learns
- Creating a Positive Work Environment
- HR Legislation
- Difficult Conversations – How Effective Managers Communicate Tough Messages
- Developing Resiliency to Improve Work Life Balance
- Invigorate Employees through Vision, Goal Setting and Performance Evaluation
- Creativity Exercises
- Sr. Level Mentoring Relationship
- Regular meetings with members of the Executive Team
- Professional Engineer Mentor to support attainment of
P. Eng designation, if applicable
On the job
- Peer Shadowing
- In-Depth Coaching Sessions and Quarterly Performance Appraisals
- Special Projects
- Process Improvement Initiatives
- Cross Functional Assignments
Reliance changes the way people think about our industry by
providing vital products and services in innovative ways. Working
together, we lead the market in customer satisfaction and have been
innovating for over 40 years.
Today, we’re of the largest rental water heater provider in Canada,
with over 1.4 million customers and one of the largest networks of
licensed technicians in Canada.
This is your chance. Don’t get lost in a huge organization where you
don’t really get to see the results of your work or someone more
senior takes the credit. At Reliance, you are empowered to make
real change. Your decisions have impact. Your vision can be realized
and you have the freedom to share it with a group of dedicated
professionals who can really bring it to life under your leadership.
We share your passion and commitment and we’re ready to talk.